Who said Good Things Come In Threes? I don't know, do you? I used to love that saying, three being my favorite number. But recently I got to wondering how Good Things in 3s became Bad Things in 3s. Haven't you heard that one too? Bad Things Come in 3s. Bleh. Let's do away with that shall we?
See I noticed this: G.O.O.D. equals 4 letters. B.A.D. equals 3 letters. Shouldn't we change the rules? Let's start saying Good Things Come in 4s. That way there will always be one more Good Thing than Bad Thing.
And let's talk about Bad Things for a minute. Bad is not a place I have ventured on this blog. I'm not going there, just lightly dancing around it. Just trying to get some perspective. Like there are Bad Things and there are Bummers. Say, for instance, Graham's two-year-old-IPOD-with-a-warranty-that-ended-in-July is toast. It's not a Bad Thing, it's a Bummer. But like all Bummers (and Bad Things), there is still something Good to be discovered. It's a Good Thing he has used it every single day, getting enjoyment from our investment. It's a Good Thing he can afford to buy another. It may be toast, but it didn't get engulfed in a California house fire. It's not an appliance he needs to sustain life. And it's so insignificant when you find out some terrible news about someone you love.
Isn't it interesting that we can find Good in the smallest of things if we set our focus to see it? Have you noticed that Good attracts more Good? And Bad attracts more Bad? I wish I could find this article I read online to share with you. It was about magnetism. There was a study done where someone discovered you can actually measure magnetism within us. And Good vibes, or whatever they are called, attracts more of same. Think about that. Want to change your path, your destiny, your attitude? Be good, do good, see good. Attract Good.
So four good things for today:
1. Join me in wishing my dear friend Lisa a Happy Birthday.
3. Sam and I are off to music therapy class, presented by NJ Very Special Arts for families with Autism. We are lucky to participate in a program like this. I look around at the other kids in his class and feel so blessed.
4. I heard some Bad news recently, but I can filter through it and find some Good. I feel Good that I was the one who got the call. I got to be there for someone. That is so Good. I know I can ask you (yes YOU) to say prayers with me.....that Good will prevail. I know that you don't need the details, you'll just send your positive vibes our way.
EDIT: Can't stop at 4.
5. Coffeemate Gingerbread creamer. Swoooon. See how many good little things you can find when you're fending off bad stuff?
7. More ETSY love.....don't you need one of these? 8" high, 1/2" thick! More letter styles available. From www.damboisedesigns.etsy.com
8. And from www.pleasebloom.etsy.com , this terrific piece.
And yes, I know THINGS don't make up all that is Good in life. I do believe the quote: "The best things in life aren't things", but sometimes things are just the Rx. Besides, after shopping this week, at the mall and online, I've got half my xmas list taken care of!
Oh, and Graham's new ipod? I think he likes it better than his old one. It has video!